The first thing you’ll need to do is download the MetaMask wallet software onto your chosen device by visiting the official website here. You will be presented with the following options:
• Browser: Compatible with Google Chrome, Firefox, Brave or Edge website browser.
• Android: Compatible with any smartphone that operates using Android’s operating system.
• iOS: Compatible with any iPhone.
Once you’ve selected the appropriate option, click the “Install MetaMask for …” button.
An Overview of The Metamask Wallet
• Import wallet: This is for users who already have an existing MetaMask wallet on a different device and would like to import it over to a new one.
• Create a wallet: This is for users who want to set up a brand new MetaMask wallet.
Select the “Create a Wallet” option, agree to a short disclaimer that appears and create a password when prompted. As with any password, it’s vitally important you physically write several copies of the password down on different pieces of paper. You should never create a digital copy of any password you create; this includes actions like taking a screenshot of it, sending it to yourself in an email or saving it as a note on your computer. Anything digital that’s stored on your computer is accessible to hackers – don’t make life easy for them.
You will need to enter your password each time you wish to access your MetaMask wallet.